Sold with a custom-made stand
- Shipment of the parcel 24h after reception of the payment (except weekends)
- Transmission of the track & trace code
The so-called African Dan “racing” Mask (a pointy face, hollowed rounded eyes, a diamond-shaped mouth) of smooth symmetry. It is maintained against the face thanks to cotton bands inserted in the perforations on the borders and tied behind the head. According to the tradition, the wearer of this mask was chased by an unmasked runner, and if he was caught, he would give the mask to the winner, who would, in turn, be chased by another runner. Formerly, these races were intended to train men for races and combats.
Currently, this type of ordeal is often related to festivities announcing the beginning of the dry season and to those related to the initiation of young children.
Smooth and shiny brown-black patina. The contour is damaged.
- Former Henri Abergel Collection (Paris, France).
- Dan Rennmaske
- Einheimischer Name des Objekts
- Ancienne collection Henri Abergel (Paris, France)
- Wird mit Ständer verkauft
- 24×14×8 cm