Original woodblock print - Kaburaki Kiyokata (1878-1972) - "Hakusetsu" 薄雪 (Light snow) - From "Meiji jugo nendai bijin fuzoku" 明治十五年代美人風俗 (Customs of Young Women: Beauty of the Fifteenth Year of Meiji) - Japan - 1932
Appendix of the 50th anniversary of Jiji Shimpo' 時事新報50周年記念付録
First edition 1932 (showa 7)
This is a later edition, printed using the original woodblocks.
This was made in the Heisei period
Kiyokata was born in Sakuma, Kanda, Tokyo in 1878.In July 1891 (Meiji 24), he became a disciple of Ukiyoe artist Mizuno toshikata .So Kiyokata first work is often very similar to mizuno toshikata work.
In 1893 (Meiji 26), he was given the name "Kiyokata" by his master mizuno toshikat.
Started drawing illustrations on Yamato Shimbun, which was run by Kiyokata's father, Saigiku, from around the age of 17.
- Original Holzschnitt
- Polychromer Holzschnitt aus Nishiki-e (Brokat)
- Herkunftsregion/ Herkunftsland
- Künstler/ Schöpfer
- Kaburaki Kiyokata (1878-1972)
- Thema/ Darstellung
- Titel des Kunstwerks
- "Hakusetsu" 薄雪 (Light snow) - From "Customs of Young Women: Beauty of the Fifteenth Year of Meiji"
- Sehr guter Zustand, siehe Beschreibung
- 390×265×0 mm