Original woodblock print triptych - Kobayashi Kiyochika (1847-1915) - "Our Army Occupies the Fortress of Fengcheng in Liaoning as the Enemies Flee and Set Sire to It" 我軍以ニテ歩兵之一部隊占領鳳凰城ヲ敵軍臨ニテ敗走自焼弾薬庫 - Japan - 1904 (Meiji 37)
The triptych depict the fall of Fengcheng Fortress in Liaoning to the Japanese army during the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05.
For more information on Liaoning and the various battles that took plate there during the Russo-Japanese war see Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liaoning
This Ukiyo-e is made by Kobayashi Kiyochika in meiji 37 period period(ca.1904).
There are cuts where plums are drawn.
Kobayashi Kiyochika can be said to have been the last woodblock print artist.
He was born in Asakusa in 1847, the son of a samurai. He studied western art and Japanese art, aiming to become a ukiyoe(wood-block print) artist
The disciples include inoue yasuji,Taguchi Yonesaku, and Tsuchiya koitsu.
Representative works include “Tokyo meisho-zu” and “neko ni chochin”.
- Original Holzschnitt-Triptychon
- Polychromer Holzschnitt aus Nishiki-e (Brokat)
- 1904 (Meiji 37)
- Herkunftsregion/ Herkunftsland
- Künstler/ Schöpfer
- Kobayashi Kiyochika (1847-1915)
- Titel des Kunstwerks
- "Our Army Occupies the Fortress of Fengcheng as the Enemies Flee and Set Sire to It"
- Sehr guter Zustand, siehe Beschreibung
- 364×237×0 mm