Rare strainer in antique english silver, with a beautiful monogram on one side (Armorial Bearing).
The strainers for oranges or lemons were used with punch bowls to strain the seeds of fruits.
There are 6 overall marks:
- two George III duty marks (used since 1795);
- an ‘l’ or ‘R’, from which I inferred the date of production is 1814 or 1823, assuming it was made in Edinburgh;
- other 3 marks unidentified due to wear, including the mark of the manufacturer.
There is a restoration sign on the border, highlighted in the last photo. The rest is in perfect condition.
Dimensions: 30 cm x 10.7 cm.
Overall weight: 167 g.
Insured and trackable shipping.
- Raffinierter Colino aus Orange oder Zitrone - Giorgio III
- .925 Silber
- Geschätzter Zeitraum
- 1814 oder 1823
- Guter Zustand - gebraucht, mit geringfügigen Altersspuren & Mängeln