Fired in antiquity!!! Original polychrome.
Han Dynasty, Sichuan province.
Height: 24 cm.
Width: 30 cm.
Outstanding pottery "mingqi" representing a Rare Sichuan Grey Pottery Standing Dog
- Provenance: Dutch private collection acquired in 1980s-1990s on Amsterdam art market.
- A Certificate of Authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Chinese pottery since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
- All items legal to buy/sell under The Netherlands covering cultural patrimony, and are guaranteed to be as described or your money back.
- The result of the thermoluminescence test, is consistent with the dating of the item, Han dynasty (ca. 2100 years old). Sampling in 3 different points
Crisply modelled standing on four slender legs looking directly forwards, the head alertly raised with the jaws agape in a protective snarl, the ears pricked and the tail tightly curled over the rump, a loop at the back of the neck springing from a harness modelled in shallow relief around the chest, the surface of dark oatmeal colour with extensive shallow soil encrustation.
It will be professionally packed and safely send by FedEx.
Buyers are responsible for import regulation and restrictions of their own country
Who We Are:
We are established at a few minutes from “Rijksmuseum” (National Museum of Art), the Van Gogh Museum and the famous “Royal Concertgebouw” in Amsterdam. We have been dealing in antiques since 1969 (and loving it). Our main field covers ceramics – pottery funerary figures (dated from the Han through the Ming dynasties), Buddhist sculptures and other Chinese works of art. Our other sections are Asian works of art – concerns objects from Japan and South East Asian countries including bronze, stone and wooden sculptures, Chinese furniture from the Qing Dynasty and of course occasional other items.
For the last 50 years we have been selling antiques to museums private collectors and dealers all over the world.
The seller of this lot hereby guarantees that this object was obtained legally. The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this object(s). The seller will take care that any necessary permits will be arranged. The seller will inform the buyer about this if this takes more than a few days.
Catawiki disclaimer: This piece has been dated based on a TL test. No further tests, such as, an analysis of pigments or radiography scans have been conducted to check the integrity of the piece.
- Han Dynastie (206 v.Chr.- 220 n.Chr.)
- Titel des Kunstwerks
- A Rare Sichuan Grey Pottery Standing Dog, TL test
- Sehr guter Zustand, siehe Beschreibung
- 24×30×0 cm