Woodblock print (reprint) - Utagawa Toyokuni I (1769-1825) - Visiting Komachi from the series Portraits of the Seven Komachi in Disguise - Late 20th century
Utagawa Toyokuni (Japanese: 歌川豊国; 1769 in Edo – 24 February 1825 in Edo), also often referred to as Toyokuni I, to distinguish him from the members of his school who took over his gō (art-name) after he died, was a great master of ukiyo-e, known in particular for his kabuki actor prints. He was the second head of the renowned Utagawa school of Japanese woodblock artists, and was the artist who really moved it to the position of great fame and power it occupied for the rest of the nineteenth century.
Please have a look at the photos for a better impression.
- Holzschnitt (Nachdruck)
- Ende des 20. Jahrhunderts
- Herkunftsregion/ Herkunftsland
- Künstler/ Schöpfer
- Utagawa Toyokuni I (1769-1825)
- Titel des Kunstwerks
- Visiting Komachi from the series Portraits of the Seven Komachi in Disguise
- Guter Zustand, siehe Beschreibung
- 406×267×0 mm